Wednesday, October 1, 2014

3 Takeaways From Peers:


Lakynne– “A Father’s Love”: I really like the way you set the story up, focusing on the car accident but at the same time the narrator keeps going back to memories. I thought it was cool how the man says “I have cried exactly twice in my life.” I think that really emphasizes how much he loves Clara. I love the way it ends with the short paragraph on how he believes without a doubt that everyone is wrong and that Clara is still alive, even though through the story it shows that she did die in the car accident.


Francesca– “60 Seconds… Or Not…”: I think it’s cool how you keep switching from the quotes from the dentist to your own thoughts, it worked well and got the point of the story across. I liked how you were teasing yourself about how much you brush your teeth but made it funny at the same time. I think incorporating the sarcasm really helped set the tone.

Brittany– “The New Girl”: I thought you did a really good job of making the narrator sound like a completely self-centered mean girl and showed the way she thinks about things. I like how “the new girl” was repeated throughout the story. I think it was very cool that they ended up being friends at the end because she sounded like she really hated her at the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment